Thursday 5 January 2012

Thursday 5th Jan - Why a food diary is a must for me!

Thursday! My day started off so well. 1st day back at work and doing the school run for 2 kids at 2 schools. 


Usually I am running around in the morning stuffing bags of crisps & bananas into my handbag and shoving kids out of the door but I decided that one of my new years resolutions would be that I would get more organised. Especially when it comes to food! So I lovingly made a lovely packed lunch full of SlimmingWorld friendly food. Guess where I left it???? Yep.....at home!!! 


I really wanted to have a spend free day (Are you as skint as me this month!!) so I was really upset that I had to spend money!!!!!! 


I am very lucky to have a workplace canteen which does a varied cooked breakfast so I had a poached egg, baked beans & a slice of wholemeal toast. Sorted all for the cost of a HeB! 
I washed this down with a skinny latte. 


Lunch was a lovely baked potato with baked beans - lots of super speed food for me!!!! 


This was followed by a banana :-)


In my aim to be super organised this year I bought myself a little notebook & I am using it as my food diary for the year. I find that I will be 'good' if I write my food down so this really helps me to keep on track. I also need to start highlighting my fruit & veg to make sure I am eating my 5 a day. While I am at it I should start recording how much water I am drinking but lets do one thing at a time eh!!!!



I am still struggling from the trauma of being at work after christmas so I really couldn't be doing with standing in the kitchen cooking (especially as the bulb has gone!!!) so I found something that looked quick, easy & Extra Easy!!!!


I must admit, it took no time to make & was actually really tasty!! I will be keeping this recipe in the archives  for lazy days again! 


Pudding will most probably involve a Muller light & some fruit while watching Celeb BB!!! 


So my question to you is where, other than SW website do you get your recipe ideas from?


Thanks for reading
Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment