Tuesday 3 January 2012

Tuesday 3rd Jan - a day of cooking!!!

Well! I am back!
I started back at Slimming world about 3 months ago as I wanted to loose about a stone & I have very nearly done it, that was until Christmas!!! 
Weigh in tomorrow night & I am dreading it! I am guessing it will be about 4-5lbs on but hey ho, I will just get on with loosing the weight as I was so proud of my achievements till then! 
I am planning on using this as a bit of a food diary & a place to share & record dinners so I remember them!!! 
So today has been a day at home as smallest is still off school.
Today's food diary has gone something like this - 
Breakfast - Poached Eggs on Toast. Yum!! There is something so simple & satisfying about poached eggs on toast. I love it! So this consisted of a HEB & I am counting 3 syns for Flora Light & ketchup :-)
Mid Morning snack - 3 celebrations chocolates! They were staring at me!!= 6 syns!! oops!
Lunch - Roasted tomato & Basil soup from the little book of soups. 
I have made a new years resolution to cook more. I love cooking & find it relaxes me but got stuck in a rut a bit at the end of last year so am promising myself I will try more recipies. I also have a challenge going on with my mother-in-law & her mate to get cooking more new recipies! So here goes. 
I got my ingrediants all ready!!




900g Ripe tomatoes
Low cal cooking spray
1 tsp dried oregano
1 Large Onion - Chopped
2 Garlic cloves - crushed
1 litre of hot veg stock
Salt & ground pepper
2 tbsp chopped basil


Arrange the tomatoes on a baking tray & spray with the oil. Sprinkle with the oregano & cook in oven at 200degrees/Gas 6 for about 10-15 mins.


Meanwhile place the onion & the garlic in a heavy based saucepan with 300ml of the stock. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins. 


Peel & chop the roast tomatoes and add to the cooked chopped onion mix in the pan along with the remaining stock. Simmer for 15-20 mins. 


Puree the soup in a blender or food processor. Return to the pan, season well and add the basil. 


The only think I would say about this soup is I would use less liquid if I cooked it again. It is a very runny soup. Tasted lovely but runny. 
But I have 3 tubs of it in the fridge so will be eating it for a couple of days!!! 


So back to the diary - I had this with a roll which was to be my 2nd HEB of the day. 


So the day had turned into a green day as I had had 2 HEB's so dinner then had to be low syn or green!!! 


I had some Sainsburys low fat sausages in the fridge and fancied them so I found this recipe. 


 http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6662/quick-sausage-bolognese


I adapted it slightly by adding a chopped onion & using oregano rather than fennel. 
I also added sweetcorn & peas at the end. 






Verdict from the family was yummy!!! 
The sausages (Be good to your self) are only 0.5 syns each so I am allowing 1.5 syns for dinner. 


So we ended the day on 10.5 syns which is not too bad! 
Not as much fruit & veg as I should have had though so will try better with that tomorrow. 


So, day 1 of blogging. 
Weigh in tomorrow!!!! 


Hope you enjoyed reading & I get lots of followers to keep me on the straight & narrow!! 


Michelle x





No comments:

Post a Comment